First I have to say that I ADORE Heloise–she’s a hell of a writer and she’s been super helpful to me in the writing/editing of my projects. So with that out of the way, I have Heloise on my blog today for a lighthearted interview and to present her latest book, “Hitting Black Ice” on sale now with Loose ID. (I love the cover, btw.) Check it out!
Her blog: http://velvetpanic2.wordpress.com/
Buy the book: http://www.loose-id.com/hitting-black-ice.html
- So what first led to you writing?
When I was a kid, I had this angels and harps moment when I realized I wanted to be the mind behind the books I was reading. I started filling up composition books soon after.
- I understand you have a release coming out. Tell me about the book.
Here’s a short but sweet blurb: Hitting Black Ice releases December 2, 2014
“Fugitive from the law and love Shawn cannot escape from the loving clutches of sexy Hunter, even when it sends them on the run from the FBI agent on Shawn’s trail.”
- What makes this book different from others in the same genre?
There’s a twist on the sexy alpha FBI hero trope.
- Who is your favorite writer, and why?
I can only pick one? *whimper* Okay, Dennis Lehane. No, Raymond Chandler. See, I can’t do it. Gabaldon. Brockmann. It’s not working, JT. Edith Pargeter. Barbara Hambly. Josh Lanyon. Harper Fox. NO! Don’t make me pick one!
(I can’t answer the desert island question either, glad you didn’t ask that)
- Writers often use their own experiences as fodder for stories. What’s the strangest thing that has ever happened to you?
Ouija board in college; an obsession that lasted waaay too long.
- Tell me about your favorite pet.
My dear Zeke, the beagle blue-tick hound. All long legs and melty brown eyes. He once bit my boyfriend when he and I were play wrestling. I have no doubt he’d protect me with his life. Sadly, he got prostate cancer when he was only ten years old.
- What are you working on next?
The sequel to Hitting Black Ice *rubs hands with glee.*
- If a vampire and a werewolf got into a race, who would win? Why?
Ummmm? I don’t know. Maybe Buffy would get to them both before they cross the finish line.
- What advice do you have for other writers?
Don’t give up!