Yikes, it’s after the 15th of the month already? Boy does time fly when your life has become totally chaotic. A month ago, everything was hunky dory, and on track. A month ago I was working a steady schedule and writing a lot. Then I lost my job. I’ve found freelance work that will take me into January, but beyond that things get fuzzy and uncertain. I’m working from home, which actually makes it tougher to writer, because my schedule is all over the place. Not only that, but I have an SO who is home due to health reasons and who demands a lot of care. So now I’m worried about getting all the things done by the end of the year that I’d planned. Anyways, here’s my monthly update on my works in progress.
- Forest of Thorns and Claws. (M/M weretiger novel). This one was originally supposed to be 50,000 words and I wanted to get it out by Christmas. Currently it’s at 43,077 words, but I’m only STARTING to get to the climax, so I’m thinking the total will be 60-65k. At least I’ve finally written the first sex scene. The boys took forever to get together!
- Vice and Exploitation (The Oddities Series, Book 2, M/M paranormal suspense). Currently 18,500, target length 90k.
- Fae Fortunes (new title, YA M/M paranormal novel). Currently 35,400 words, target 65k.
- Murder One (First book in the Oddities Series): Written. I’m still waiting for word back from the publisher on the R&R. If I don’t hear back by next week, I’ll be contacting them for an update.
I have two other project in progress under other pen names. One of them I’ll be promoting on this site, and I should be starting to publish parts of the serial soon, in a few weeks. If you read M/F and would like to be a beta reader, please let me know! I’m only putting under another name because every writer says I shouldn’t be mixing the M/F and the M/M. Personally, I don’t care, but I’ll bow to others’ wisdom. I’m hoping some of my regular readers like it as well, so I’m not going to make it that secret.
- Deena and the Professor. (M/F BDSM romance). Currently 4 out of 10 parts written, each part is about 8000 words. I will be publishing them once a month and then bundling the first five and then the second five parts, for a total of about 80,000 words. Part 5 is currently halfway written at 4000 words.
- Epic fantasy that’s taking me epically long to write: 75,600 words, target length 110k.