January was a crazy month; it started with the holidays, and then I also was one of the main volunteers at a convention on one of the weekends, so that kept me busy. I also had a hard time getting started in things in January, but I’m feeling more in the flow now. I finished the developmental edits for Book 1 of the Oddities series. The book has a shiny new title: Murder First Seen. I’m currently working with the art director on the cover–very exciting!
Meanwhile, Book 2 is coming along nicely. The other WIPs? They’re moving more slowly, as I put most of my focus into the Oddities books. For February, my main goal is to finish the weretiger novel. The editors at Riptide have pleaded with me to see it, so I’ll probably let them take a look. I was going to self-publish it, but I’m realizing that I put a lot of research into it, so it would be nice to have some extra eyes on it. I’ve already got the cover. While writing one of the final scenes last week, I had to go back to my research and learn all about the Batak culture in Indonesia, including their ceremonial dress. I do love research.
1. Forest of Thorns and Claws (weretiger M/M), now at 57,028 words, and I’m writing the last or almost last chapter. Estimated total will be just over 60k.
2. Fraud Twice Felt (The Oddities Book 2, paranormal M/M suspense), now at 31,168 words, estimated to be about 90k. Due to publisher by October 1.
3. Fae Fortunes (YA M/M paranormal), currently at 36,587, estimated 65k.
4. Deena and the Professor (Trudy Judd, BDSM romance), Five out of 10 parts written, first 3 parts published, currently at 2077 words on Part 6 (estimated to be 8k).
5. Fantasy novel currently at 78,457 words, total will be 110k.