Every month I like to keep people informed about what projects I’m working on, and where they are. February wasn’t a great month–most of the month, my partner was sick, and that required a lot of my time and attention. And then I got sick. On top of that, my other writing engagements (nonfiction) were extremely busy on a project that was due last week. I’m hoping March is a little smoother.
On the good side, I approved the final cover for the first Oddities book, Murder First Seen!! The cover is by Kanaxa, who also did the covers for books like Strain and Cold Fusion. She’s an amazing artist, and I’m so freaking excited to be working with her. I think we’re still set for a September release of the book.
So meanwhile in new words…
1. Forest of Thorns and Claws (weretiger M/M), now at 59,230 words. I’ve just started the last chapter, and the final should be around 63,000 words, quite a bit over my original estimate. I’m also going to be adding an afterword, because I have some things to say about nature preservation and the state of the world’s rainforests.
2. Fraud Twice Felt (The Oddities Book 2, paranormal M/M suspense), moving along well, and now at 39,221 words, estimated to be about 90k. Due to publisher by October 1.
3. Fae Fortunes (YA M/M paranormal), currently at 37,666, estimated 65k.
4. Deena and the Professor (Trudy Judd, BDSM romance), Five out of 10 parts written, first 4 parts published, currently at 3576 words on Part 6 (estimated to be 8k).
5. Fantasy novel currently at 78,940 words, total will be 110k.