Ah, September! Finally an end to the 100 degree nights that is summer in Arizona. Nevermind the 100 degree plus days. Those won’t end until October. But at least the nights are starting to be bearable.
September also means something else–that I have less than one month left to finish, edit, and turn in the 2nd Oddities book, Fraud Twice Felt. I originally estimated it would be 90k, much like the first Oddities book, but my villain proved stronger than I anticipated, the climax much larger and more complicated, and so I find myself now sitting at 91k, going, “Crap! I need to get this thing finished!!” I estimate about three chapters to go in order to finish the thing. Editing? Ergh. May not have time for much of that.
So here’s where all the works in progress currently stand:
1. Fraud Twice Felt (The Oddities Book 2, paranormal M/M suspense), now at 91,682 words, NOW estimated to be about 100k. ACK! Due to publisher by October 1.
2. Fae Fortunes (YA M/M paranormal), currently at 45,563 words, estimated 65k.
3. Deena and the Professor (Trudy Judd, BDSM romance), Seven out of 10 parts written, first 7 parts published, currently at 2862 words on Part 8 (estimated to be 8k).
4. Forest of Thorns and Claws (weretiger M/M). Received the notes back from the publisher, will work on developmental edits as soon as the 2nd Oddities book is done and turned in.
5. Fantasy novel currently at 81,675 words, total will be 110k. Right now this one is the lowest of my priorities.