At last! Book Two of the Oddities Series, Fraud Twice Felt, is written, has undergone the initial edits, and is off to the publisher. I’m eagerly awaiting the release of the first book, Murder Once Seen, which will be on December 12. I have no idea when the second book will come out, but I’m thinking maybe some time next summer, if edits go well.
Now that Book Two is out of the way, I’ll be working on the outline for the third book, A Conspiracy Uncovered. I created a document to organize all my notes about the minor characters in the series, the world, and plot notes. Book Three will delve more into the larger plot arc spanning the entire series, but I have to be careful not to give too much away too soon. That’s always the tricky thing with mysteries. I’m going to try and write this book as quickly as possible, because I ended Book Two with a lead-in. (Not exactly a cliffhanger, but definitely a hook.)
If I’m really inspired (and Halloween tends to be a very inspirational time for me), maybe I’ll write a Derwin/Elliot drabble to post here on my blog. I’m still really loving these boys. (For more about them, see my post about Uke/Seme). Elliot in particular has really come into his own in Book Two, and I’m excited about his journey for Book Three.
In October I’ll also be making some changes to the weretiger novel that I finished months back, after a request for some developmental edits.
It’s a touch early since I’ll still be making words today, but as of now, this is where the various WIPs stand:
(1. Fraud Twice Felt [The Oddities Book 2, paranormal M/M suspense], finished at 97,470 words, edited and turned in to publisher.)–done
2. Forest of Thorns and Claws (weretiger M/M). Received the notes back from the publisher, will work on developmental edits in October.
3. Fae Fortunes (YA M/M paranormal), currently at 46,852 words, estimated 65k.
4. Deena and the Professor (Trudy Judd, BDSM romance), Seven out of 10 parts written, first 7 parts published, currently at 4442 words on Part 8 (estimated to be 9k).
5. Fantasy novel currently at 82,821 words, total will be 110k. Right now this one is the lowest of my priorities.